·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,067 Posts
Yep, I-95 in Virginia daily

·
Registered
50 Posts
I either ride or drive on Hwy 11W in Kingsport nearly every week. There was even a song about that highway back in the 70s called "11W Bloody Highway."

Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been on 35 DFW a couple of times. It's no picnic and my paranoia radar stays pegged until I get past the bulk of it - then I can somewhat relax. Relatively speaking.
It's been that way for a while as Texas continues to have people from all over the country move here. I swear half the vehicles on the interstate around here have UHauls and/or out of state plates.
But 35 is a mess whether in a car or a bike....I avoid it whenever possible.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I've ridden on I-95 around the DC area. Full of giant, egotistical, buttheads!
Only slightly less worse in my next of the woods is I-264. It is a 25 miles stretch of road from the Chesapeake/Norfolk boarder to Virginia Beach ocean front. It is full arsehats!

Ride smart. Ride often!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ride at least 1 mile, some days about 5 miles of I-65 in Nashville and am very fortunate that I pick it up south of where the vast majority of those issues are. It’s the junction of 24 and 65 headed east and south that causes the majority of accidents. Westbound I-40 east of Nashville where it intersects with 24 is also a nightmare. Daily accidents on both those stretches of highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,539 Posts
I-5 and I-10 often. Also I-15, but that didn't make it on the new list.

·
Registered
99 Roadie
636 Posts
I'm on I4 and 192 in the truck fairly often but never on a bike.
I4 is a meat grinder full of lost tourist, it's extremely dangerous around the fairbanks curve.
The "I4 ultimate" is underway so there are crazy lane shifts, torn up pavement, trash and machinery/workers everywhere downtown.

192 isn't quite as bad just overcrowded.

Neither road is safe for a car let alone a motorcycle.

Google "I4 dead zone", that's just north of me.....l stay away from there as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm on I4 and 192 in the truck fairly often but never on a bike.
I4 is a meat grinder full of lost tourist, it's extremely dangerous around the fairbanks curve.
The "I4 ultimate" is underway so there are crazy lane shifts, torn up pavement, trash and machinery/workers everywhere downtown.

192 isn't quite as bad just overcrowded.

Neither road is safe for a car let alone a motorcycle.

Google "I4 dead zone", that's just north of me.....l stay away from there as well.
I just joined this site and I'm in Casselberry! Hey!

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
88 Posts
I live a mile from I-10, but a good ways east of Houston, so it's not too bad out this way. I will go far out of my way on the bike to avoid I-10 in Houston and I-45 in Houston and Dallas. Unfortunately, one must use a small piece I-45 to get to Galveston, unless you come in from the east side (Bolivar). I can't read the graph enough to see what part(s) of I-10 are considered dangerous.....but it's nearly 2500 miles long.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live a mile from I-10, but a good ways east of Houston, so it's not too bad out this way. I will go far out of my way on the bike to avoid I-10 in Houston and I-45 in Houston and Dallas. Unfortunately, one must use a small piece I-45 to get to Galveston, unless you come in from the east side (Bolivar). I can't read the graph enough to see what part(s) of I-10 are considered dangerous.....but it's nearly 2500 miles long.
Houston is listed on the I-10 graph. I can relate with you. I commute on I-10 on the west side daily.

Reactions: AlanRides

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Am the only that is slightly dumb enough to try and tackle these roads that people are talking about?
But, only if there is a good enough reward in doing so.

Ride smart. Ride often!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
35 is on the list twice, and then on the next list saying it was no longer on the first list. wth??
Looks like they are talking about 35E (Dallas) and 35W (Fort Worth) being the bad areas and the rest of 35 got better. Makes sense, with your bike being customized, you aren't out there like speed racer. ;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I made an observation to my kids years ago when visiting Charleston SC.. I said based on how the roads were it was no wonder the South did not fair well in the civil war. Those roads are terrible. But for me 75 through Tenn and GA are right up there as dangerous but probably due to sheer volume. But as far as crazy roads....Virginia towards VA beach....Yikes short entrance ramps and heavy merge areas...Plus the crazy bikers doing wheelies on the freeways....Just could not wait to get out of there...

Reactions: Scrumdown
1 - 20 of 23 Posts