Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't usually name my bikes but when I picked up my Midnight Star I went round to show it to my son who chose to deliberately misread the sticker on the air filter and called it Midnight Stan. So the bike is now known as Stan.

If I had a name for my Suzuki GN400 bobber it would be Antithesis as it is the opposite of Stan in every way. It is light, stripped to the bone and a real point and squirt bike. Also it is very uncomfortable!

Still it's not just bikes that get this treatment in our house. My wife has an 18th century long case clock called Justin and a late 19th century wall clock called Charlie.

·
Registered
794 Posts
My first bike (500cc) was nameless for about 2years until I visited my aunt and showed her my baby.. She then told me that OBVIOUSLY the bike was called "Baby".. duh!!!

This time around I had a "temporary" name of Bigger Baby. BB (pronounced BeeBee) stuck...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would I want to name a machine? It isn't going to come when I call it.
That's true, although these days when I pick up a phone and call my kids for help they don't come either. And those critters have names!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I call mine the beast,(2004 1100 Classic), since I am only 5'-4" 130lbs. First cruiser too. Took some getting used to throwing around all that extra weight. Wasn't sure who was throwing who at first so "Beast" seemed to be apropo.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
My roadstar makes me feel like a queen...so her name is Princess

·
Registered
473 Posts
When my battery died I called it a few names!:mad:

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's old and overdone many times over, but mine's the Yammer Hammer.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My strat is called gold digger.. Always wanting more money for stuff to make her look pretty..

·
Registered
369 Posts
My bike and your bike is what we call them but wife does have nicknames for them. Stryker Tygurrr and her's is Sapphire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I like to name for anything.. I am having a Hero Honda Pleasure bike and my bike name is sweety. I like that name very much and i won't change that for any cause..Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, the 250 I had was named Stargazer. But the 650 I have now is named Knightmare because that is exactly what it is, the thing my mother sees in her nightmare. Family always worries :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My bike and your bike is what we call them but wife does have nicknames for them. Stryker Tygurrr and her's is Sapphire.
So what do you do when the wife calls them both hers? My fiance does that despite my reminding of who makes the payments and such ;).

·
Registered
74 Posts
My bike's name is Amy. At least that's what she told me a week after I got her. ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts