Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fur-babies are getting big.... they keep getting bigger by the day... My Storm, German Shepherd, is such a smart, obedient, good natured pup. My Socks. Rotty-Pit Bull mix, is a good pup but drives me crazy with not listening. But at the end of the day, these two pups are my fur-babies and a great addition to our family!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,458 Posts
bpounds, nice pillow your pup has. Oh, did I say that out loud? 🤭 🤐

·
5,458 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Not to be Debbie Downer ... However, being the parent of a 4 legged fury child, we all know there comes the day we have to decide quality of life. Well, for my (15 yr old) pup Bronx. The family & I need to make that decision. And it's the hardest part of being a parent of a 4 legged fury child.

If you would sent me prayers/positive energy to handle this discussion with grace.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
300 Posts
Man, it is so tough. I think I tear up for dogs, even other folks dogs, more than I do for most humans. You have my sympathy in advance.

I find it painful twice. First as you struggle with the decision as to when it is time. And second of course when you have to follow through. Very sorry man.

·
5,458 Posts
Not to be Debbie Downer ... However, being the parent of a 4 legged fury child, we all know there comes the day we have to decide quality of life. Well, for my (15 yr old) pup Bronx. The family & I need to make that decision. And it's the hardest part of being a parent of a 4 legged fury child.

If you would sent me prayers/positive energy to handle this discussion with grace.

That's a real bummer. I've had to do it several times. For them and me I've always stayed with them till the very end, it's scary enough for them at the vet, I just hold them and speak softly to them. That way the last thing they see is a loved one. My wife can't do it so I always do. Wow, you have me tearing up now. Just remember, it's not goodby, it's see you later.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Thanks for the warm wishes.
@lesblank I am the one who will be there until the end with him. Always have been. I am also the one who digs the grave & will bury him.
This will be the third dog I'll have to bury & second to euthanize. The other pup (14 yr old) passed away in my lap at home. We think he was poisoned. That one HURT!

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
Scrumdown, I truly feel your pain and send you guys strength and prayers. I’m facing it myself in the near future with my pit Sadie. She’s nothing like the way society looks at the breed. So sorry you all have to deal with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts

I know your heartache. I have had to make the decision to put down four flatcoated retrievers due to cancer since the 90's and will be facing the same soon with the three I have now. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts