Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Not to be Debbie Downer ... However, being the parent of a 4 legged fury child, we all know there comes the day we have to decide quality of life.
Well, for my (15 yr old) pup Bronx. The family & I need to make that decision. And it's the hardest part of being a parent of a 4 legged fury child.

If you would sent me prayers/positive energy to handle this discussion with grace.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
Beautiful dog Mathew. And it's great to see some new pics of Sheba Glen. She really is a gorgeous puppy.

Mathew's pics reminded me of our last dog, an Alaskan Malamute named Nika. We lost her before we had digital pictures so I don't have any that aren't in a photo album, but this one looks identical to her. We called her our 100 lb lap dog...lol. They are a different type of dog than most as they still have the pack mentality. We got her when we lived in the Arctic and when we were out walking her once one of the Inuit residents asked if she was a wolf...lol. That's one of the handful of times I heard her bark, but she loved to howl. Such a gentle animal that was capable of pulling a 1000 lb sled.

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Camper BC! How are you guys doing? Great to hear from you and Sheba is gorgeous! I’ll have Monica post some pics of Storm and Socks, they still have a lot of puppy in them, but very protective.
Matthew, that is one beautiful dog, I can see why people asked if it was a wolf, great stance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
@NorthernRider ; I love the Malamutes, think they are beautiful dogs. Huskies have that same pack mentality. Blue can’t stand to be more than a few feet away from us at anytime. If I’m home he’s usually somewhere right around me. Funny thing too is he sees me as the pack leader so pretty much just ignores the rest of the families commands.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
@camperbc Glad to see pics of the pooch... I asked about you the other day. Hopefully everything is good with you and your family and we can look forward to seeing some pics from your rides!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Beautiful dog Mathew. And it's great to see some new pics of Sheba Glen. She really is a gorgeous puppy.
Mathew's pics reminded me of our last dog, an Alaskan Malamute named Nika. We lost her before we had digital pictures so I don't have any that aren't in a photo album, but this one looks identical to her. We called her our 100 lb lap dog...lol. They are a different type of dog than most as they still have the pack mentality. We got her when we lived in the Arctic and when we were out walking her once one of the Inuit residents asked if she was a wolf...lol. That's one of the handful of times I heard her bark, but she loved to howl. Such a gentle animal that was capable of pulling a 1000 lb sled.
Thanks, NorthernRider!

Camper BC! How are you guys doing? Great to hear from you and Sheba is gorgeous! I’ll have Monica post some pics of Storm and Socks, they still have a lot of puppy in them, but very protective.
Matthew, that is one beautiful dog, I can see why people asked if it was a wolf, great stance!
Howdy Keith! We're all doing great under the circumstances, thanks for asking; how about you guys? We can hardly wait to see some updated pics of your doggies!

@camperbc Glad to see pics of the pooch... I asked about you the other day. Hopefully everything is good with you and your family and we can look forward to seeing some pics from your rides!
Hi Redbird58! Yeah, it had been quite awhile since I last posted any pics of Sheba, so I took a few with just my phone this time, rather than hauling out the DSLR gear. We're all doing well, considering these bizarre times we find ourselves in lately. I'm anxious to get the bikes back out of storage, and taking more pics from my little riding excursions around our island, but it's still pretty cold here... there's even still some snow on the ground. Spring comes quite late here. Last year, on our May long weekend, (May 24th) we got hit with a huge snowstorm that dumped a whopping three feet on us. So unfortunately we aren't generally out on the bikes much before mid-June. I'll try to get out soon to take some photos of the icebergs... they're calling for a bumper crop this year!

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Here’s the most recent pics of Storm(Shepherd) and Socks (Heinz 57) sitting up the front porch.

These were taken after we brought them home. Sadie my older Pit was checking them out here. Now they’re bigger than her but because she is the senior citizen, she still rules the roost!

·
Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
Nice group of puppies you guys have there. I'm partial to shepherds and Storm is growing into a beautiful dog. Sometimes the best dogs are mixed breeds though and Socks looks like a handsome little guy too. I'm sure Sadie is keeping them both in line!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Beautiful dogs you've got there, Keith! Wow, Storm grew up SO fast, just as Sheba did... one minute they're little puppies, and in the blink of an eye they're adults! Any new pics of Sadie?

221 - 240 of 269 Posts