Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

241 - 260 of 269 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,658 Posts
That is a very wary eye she is giving the camera.
Yeah, there's probably a strange man with a mask and gun behind camera. Sorry Keith, couldn't help myself.

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
That’s ok, I found it very funny! Sadie has always had that look, she gives it to me when I’m playing with her and I was that evening. She’s 12 years old now, but her sight and hearing are just as good ever.
I know that day is coming when I’ll have to say goodbye and I get emotional thinking about it, and I’ll be literally be a vegetable for some time. Sadie has been by my side through thick and thin and is totally not what rumors have about her breed. She was raised given a lot of love and attention, and she returns it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
That's a great picture of Sadie, Keith! I can relate to what you said above, about the day coming to have to say goodbye. Chrissy (our dear little Shih Tzu) has remained right by my side all day long, every single day, for over 12 years of my life. She's still the same girl, but we can see that she is slipping now, and we dread the day when she will no longer be with us. It's never easy to lose a dog, particularly one who has made it her life's goal to please us and love us unconditionally.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
I couldn’t agree more Glen, every time I say I’m getting close to my pets because it hurts so much to lose, I get just as close. Our pets know when we are happy, sad, moody, and sick. Sadie has always been there and I can’t show her enough attention in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
How timely are the above posts...My Dog Kolby is on his last legs...he has mast cell tumors in his hips and lower mouth..It will not be long before we have to say goodbye to this guy. By far the best and smartest dog we have ever had. If I could clone him I would. My wife is gonna be devastated but the day is coming...we both know it. Walks are getting shorter and play time does not happen as often but he is still a trooper...Gonna miss this guy...

·
Super Moderator
3,238 Posts
I'm so sorry, Redbird. They become part of your family, like another child and letting go is never easy.

After we had to put down our Malamute, I resisted getting another pet because it was just too painful to let her go. I would love to get another dog but right now we have 3 cats in the house (2 belong to my son who will soon be moving out) so adding a puppy would be too much.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
RIP Kolby! We sadly had to let this guy go yesterday. There is a gigantic void in our lives now that with Gods grace will heal over time as we reflect back on our lives we shared together. Kolby, BEST DOG EVER! 9/2006 to. 5/22/2020.
View attachment 93776

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,658 Posts
That's a bummer. Most of us have had similar situations and feel your pain.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Our condolences, Redbird58. It's never easy when our 4-legged loved ones pass, but we simply reflect on all of the love and joy they have brought into our lives, to help to ease the pain. Our little Shih Tzu, Chrissy, is in her 13th year and is now failing, and it breaks our heart that she will soon be gone. I can't imagine not having a dog in our lives. Many people who have lost a pet will vow not to get another one because it hurts too much when they are gone, but I'm of the opinion that the love they give us more than makes up for when they go on to greener pastures.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

241 - 260 of 269 Posts