Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented a stump grinder last week to clean up a couple old tree stumps on my property. While backing it off the trailer, the trailer tipped and rolled the machine on top of me. Fell hard on my right elbow and knocked my shoulder out of joint, tearing a couple tendons in the rotator cuff. I can't lift my right arm let alone manage a motorcycle.
Looks like probable surgery next week.
There goes our motorcycle ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway we planned on all year. :mad:
The good news is that I should be good for next spring.

·
Administrator
13,697 Posts
that sucks. i could say look at the positive, but i don't see any here. i guess, at least nothing happened to your bike. maybe this will make you appreciate your blue ridge trip even more next year. i went last year on my 950 and it was awesome. best vacation i've ever had.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Crap, that SUX. Hope you heal up fast and well.

But hey there "Lefty", you got to admit, it certainly was nice of Bevo to tell you what you will be missing. So just imagine it, "it was awesome", AND, "it was the best vacation EVER!" :D:D

Hey Bevo, pass the salt, if you have any left.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I has surgery for close to the same kind of thing, all I can say is pay attention to what they tell you, nothing has hurt me more than that, I was hurting for awhile, you don't really know how much you use your shoulder until you can't

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sorry DD.

Try to find a bright side: like maybe God pulled you off the road cuz He knew you'd be right where a 60 vehicle pile-up is fixing to happen.

Anyway, heal fast.....

·
Administrator
13,697 Posts
But hey there "Lefty", you got to admit, it certainly was nice of Bevo to tell you what you will be missing. So just imagine it, "it was awesome", AND, "it was the best vacation EVER!" :D:D
the sweet is never as sweet without the bitter.

once you're healed up and ready for your trip next year, you'll enjoy it even more because of this

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I rented a stump grinder last week to clean up a couple old tree stumps on my property. While backing it off the trailer, the trailer tipped and rolled the machine on top of me. Fell hard on my right elbow and knocked my shoulder out of joint, tearing a couple tendons in the rotator cuff. I can't lift my right arm let alone manage a motorcycle.
Soooooo....

Does that mean you're now "stump broke"?:eek: :)

Take it easy after surgery and don't go back to the grind too soon:)

Get well. Mend quickly. Count your lucky stars you're here to bit.. er, speak about it:)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I wish you a speedy recovery. Just think it gives you more time to come up with new mods and additions to your scoot.We won't make fun of you if you sit on the bike in your garage and make engine noises like your riding.Another thing while your sittin on the bike you can have a cold one without gettin in trouble lol.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
We can rebuild you. We have the technology.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Get well soon DoubleD! It does suck when we're off the scoots for an extended period of time for any reason...but I wish you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man, see yard work can kill you... Well, my son thinks so too! :)

Speedy recovery DD.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Looks like probable surgery next week.
There goes our motorcycle ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway we planned on all year. :mad:
The good news is that I should be good for next spring.
Let that be a lesson to us all; next time the weather is good enough to grind stumps; go riding instead.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry to here of your bad news mate hope your on the mend soon and as has been sd don't rush your self back to the grind.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts