Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Roadies,
Just joined the site. I joined mainly to find out more info on these bikes and the people behind them. I personally own 2 Honda VTX's ('05 and '07) and love them. I have a roadstar in my shop that I have been commissioned to make a set of fiberglass saddlebags for.
My intention is NOT to start a thread selling my bags but to get opinions on what I am going.
I will be starting a thread in the near future sharing my design and asking input from you guys.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Glad you joined us and anxious to read your posts and see pics of the Road*. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, It will most likely be a few weeks before I have anything worth showing to show.
What I do and how I go about it is totally different from anyone else, everything will is make for that model and is not designed to be a one size fits all.
Like I said I am a vtx rider and I know that some parts are the same from model to model. The bike that I have is a Roadstar 1700. I work off the lines and shape of the fender, so that being said, do any other star bikes use that same fender. I know manufacturers will sometimes make one a bike and change the motor or accessories and call it something different.
If you want to get an idea of the work that I do, check me out on Facebook Daytona Fenderbags. What I have in mind is between the standard bags and the draggers. Use the shape of the fender molded tight to the fender and keep the round feel of the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts