Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the new sound system on the bike on saturday and while it fought me it looks good. Painted the speakers to match the midnight headlight (black with chrome trim ring). Got to get out sunday and put little over 200 miles on enjoying the music and sunshine. Walk out today with helmet in hand and what do i see but a big ol nailpokin out of the back tire. May as well look into a new tire too since they are OE. Schedule doesn't permit me getting the wheel dropped off at a shop during business hours so I'll be attempting swapping tires/tubes at home. Excuse me while i go sit on my bike and pretend to ride. Lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sometimes we need to slow down, take a deep breath and enjoy the moment; then get back off the duff and "go like hell".
So, enjoy the moment.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Sorry to hear that 07. Sucks big time, I think all of these construction trailers and trucks that drop debris, nails, screws, and so on should get a littering citation when they fail to clean the trailer and truck beds at the end of the day. I've had rocks, dirt clods, roofing nails and sheet metal screws all on my hood and in my tires after being behind them. Just my opinion mind you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's back on the road. Spent a few hours after work swapping out the tube.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Man, I admire/envy you guys who have the knowledge, tools, and space to be that self-sufficient! I'd give anything to have a garage, a floor jack, and the know-how to keep myself from having to take my bike to a shop.
My hat is off to you, glad you're back up and running.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
If you have the room, harbor freights has their lift on special right now. I'm no mechanic, yet I bought a repair manual and bought their lift. Two oil changes and it all paid for itself.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
If you have the room, harbor freights has their lift on special right now. I'm no mechanic, yet I bought a repair manual and bought their lift. Two oil changes and it all paid for itself.

I guess I do have room, as in the whole outdoors...but not the space, as in a place to work. Other than my driveway. I do manage to do oil changes and other minor stuff but man, to have a clean dry garage would be heaven on earth.

Thanks for the heads-up, though, on the lift. Maybe I could keep it under the dining room table ;-)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no garage. Just the yard. My jack was on sale at harbor freight a few weeks ago, for around 60 bucks. Tools can be aquired on an as needed basis, yard sales, flea markets and harbor freight is great for that. Other than that a repair manual, maybe a laptop or tablet incase u need a video to visually see something and the standard case of cold refreshing beverages or ur choice, lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
I can understand that, guess I'm lucky in that way. My wife says my garage is the cleanest most organized part of the house, lol.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's funny. My house is a mess, however my tool box at work has not one thing out of place and is always wiped clean and spotless. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
I have an older sister and younger brother. Their rooms were always a mess, mine was spotless. I'm that proverbial middle child.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I have an older sister and younger brother. Their rooms were always a mess, mine was spotless. I'm that proverbial middle child.

And I'm the military brat (Marine/Air Force) and former military (Army) myself, so I have those tendencies myself. My coworkers think of me as having OCD...I like to think of it as being "detail-oriented". Luckily, my wife was a military brat as well so we've got each other's backs when it comes to keeping a clean house...even with a hawk, a dog, and two cats :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
I hear ya, my wife and I both are 'detail oriented'. My father was prior military, and most of the men in our family are Law enforcement, or in the medical field so we know about being organized and where everything is, or supposed to be, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts