Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you know, I modded my 2-1 stock system to be a 2-1 straight pipe exhaust. No big muffler, just pipes and a tip. What I didn't do and am wondering about, is installing baffles. I feel like I may have lost a LIL low end torque and power. Not much but could be better. I've read about this "lollypop" baffle made from a thumbscrew or washer and screw. It seems to popular amongst HD guys bit I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with em and if they work? Thanks in advance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
So as some of you know, I modded my 2-1 stock system to be a 2-1 straight pipe exhaust. No big muffler, just pipes and a tip. What I didn't do and am wondering about, is installing baffles. I feel like I may have lost a LIL low end torque and power. Not much but could be better. I've read about this "lollypop" baffle made from a thumbscrew or washer and screw. It seems to popular amongst HD guys bit I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with em and if they work? Thanks in advance.

That is the exact set up I have on my bike. There is a set of baffles online that you can pay like $80 for which are lollipops or you can do what I did and go to the hardware store, make the same things for a whopping $5.

2 thumb bolts, 4 nuts, boom youre done.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the exact set up I have on my bike. There is a set of baffles online that you can pay like $80 for which are lollipops or you can do what I did and go to the hardware store, make the same things for a whopping $5.

2 thumb bolts, 4 nuts, boom youre done.
Yea? Now I have only 1 pipe. Its 2-1. Did u put in 2 thumb bolts or do u have 2 separate pipes? Also...where do u have it turned? 90° or parallel with the pipe? Supposed to matter for torque vs power.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea? Now I have only 1 pipe. Its 2-1. Did u put in 2 thumb bolts or do u have 2 separate pipes? Also...where do u have it turned? 90° or parallel with the pipe? Supposed to matter for torque vs power.

You only need one, just make sure it is an appropriate size for the pipe. I have mine directly perpendicular to the flow of exhaust.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1/4" x 20 x 1" thumb screw is what I intend to use.... Have it center of pipe about an inch from tip?

·
Registered
90 Posts
1/4" x 20 x 1" thumb screw is what I intend to use.... Have it center of pipe about an inch from tip?

sounds like it will work, I actually used the holes that my baffle screws went in, which left me in a position where I didnt need to drill new holes and everything fit perfect.

PM me your email and I will send you a pic of what mine look like, I dont exactly have the picture posting figured out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea mick that's actually where I landed in my search. Seems like it's about right. Gonna install this weekend. Here's a clip of em without baffles.... Vstar 950 w/homemade straight pipe: http://youtu.be/eIxVMzQdldE

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Cool....just wanted to make sure you had the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts