Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Never done this before. Currently tearing my 99' Yamaha VStar 650 Custom down to bobber it. As I am doing that, I wanted to take some engine parts off to clean/paint/repair. I noticed these rubber hose things (about 2" diameter) coming out of the heads and going into the bottom of the carb. They are all cracked and need to be replaced. My buddy told me before I take my carb off to make sure I drain the fuel left in the bowls. This is all french to me, but I believe I can do it with the help of you fine folks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually just looking at those and said "I bet that's where they drain". Thanks man. Got the throttle cables off, do the rest of the wires and hoses tomorrow. Have to replace those rubber carb joints going from the block to the carb. Bit cracked, and they are rubber. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I just went through all of this on my 650 just 2 months ago.
My boots were all cracked. Purchased the new ones on ebay.

If you plan on changing the exhaust to a more free flowing design
you most likely will require rejetting.

The cc&D forum has a great table that shows typical jetting requirements per what you have installed.

Also the Ziv kits are awesome.

PMS metering screw mod can be done correctly if you take your time.
Just ask me how I know. :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just replaced my carb to head manifold rubbers not too long ago.

Also can confirm the screws poking out of the middle on the left side (if you're sat on the bike) are the drain screws for the bowls.

If you're replacing the manifold inlet rubbers, make sure to get some silicone gasket compound like permatex blue. Just to make sure.

Also some green Loctite for the threads of the bolts that hold the rubbers in. (My old ones vibrated loose before I replaced them).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts