Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drilled my exhaust put, 4 holes 3/8 sounds decent enough dies down sound wise in 4th and 5th, to be expected, but it's popping a little, I saw something about a pims screw adjustment, but can't find any info on it, on a side not ould it be a ton louder if I remove the baffle pipe? I don't want it obnoxious, just a good sound
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2008 v star 1300
694 Posts
What your hearing was probably always there, but was muffled. You didn't state what bike you have . You'll want to open the PMS screws (Pre Mixture Screws) slightly to richen the air/fuel ratio to eliminate some popping. On a 650, they're on the right side under the tank, capped off from the factory with brass plugs which need to be removed. There is a TON of info out there regarding it. Exhaust sound is personal thing, I believe if you could change,modify,improve it with a drill bit, there wouldn't be companies that specialize in aftermarket exhaust (just my opinion).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bad it's a 05 650, I only plan on keeping the bike for the year, new one next year, didnt wanna spend money on new pipes, for the pms screw does anything besides the cap need to be removed to get to it, I.E tank or anything

·
Registered
2008 v star 1300
694 Posts
The tank has to be removed and probably the air intake assembly (its been a while). Then drill a small hole in the brass plug, screw in a screw into that hole and pull it out. This is all assuming that it's stock and nobody has touched it . If you get that far, back them out a 1/4 turn at a time, put back together and test. Don't just run it with no air assembly on, because that changes everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.