Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, but have been reading it for a few months now and it's great. I've gained a lot of good info here. Anyway, I drilled out my exhaust on my 950 tourer last night. I used an 18" extension with a uni-bit that went up to 1 1/8". I opened her up to about 1" and man does it sound good. Not tool loud, but a nice low rumble. I'm thinking about drilling the airbox next, but I'm concerned about having FI issues?

·
Registered
178 Posts
nah, see the other posts.

all the cool guys are doing it....thats what i told my wife as the hole saw went thru the sides of the air box... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
FI Processor Module

...\ I'm thinking about drilling the airbox next, but I'm concerned about having FI issues?
Hi Pen Fan;
Lucky you! You have Fuel Injection & I have carbs. To adjust fuel injection you just have to add a Fuel Injection Processor. Two examples are the Fi 2000 COBRA DIGITAL FUEL PROCESSOR and the DynoJet Power Commander III
I installed the Cobra FI 2000 on my Kawasaki 1600 Nomad after I did an air box modification. It worked... The dynoJet is nicer because you don't have to cut & solder wires. The Cobra is cheaper.
johnb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts