Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a ride yesterday in Nebraska I pulled into the garage. After awhile I went back to the garage and found a small spot of gas that had come out of drip tube? on the left side of the bike near the front downtube of the frame. It was just like a small puddle two inches across as I backed out of the garage a few spots followed my out of the garage. Another ride I parked it and no more spots and a night ride.
Any ideas what this tube is. Why did it just start then quit again. thanks.

2008 Strat S

·
Registered
22 Posts
So after a ride yesterday in Nebraska I pulled into the garage. After awhile I went back to the garage and found a small spot of gas that had come out of drip tube? on the left side of the bike near the front downtube of the frame. It was just like a small puddle two inches across as I backed out of the garage a few spots followed my out of the garage. Another ride I parked it and no more spots and a night ride.
Any ideas what this tube is. Why did it just start then quit again. thanks.

2008 Strat S
Possibly expansion? I know this can happen on a warm day if you over fill your gas tank. Did you top off the tank during your ride?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Mine will do the same thing when I filler to the brim and let it sit when it's warm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts