1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
That sucks. :(

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wll Ken, at least I'm fixing it, which is more than can be said by the owner of a certain blue hot rod truck with a twisted front bumper. LOL!
Youre fixing it because you need the belt to ride. My "slightly bent" bumper doesnt affect the way my truck drives :p

Just one of those things I look at and think about fixing every now and then, just need to find a good clean bumper THAT ISNT CHROME and hasnt had something silly like fog lights mounted to it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Old school here(but that's me) Shaft drive and chain drive never have that sort of grief;)

Ride Safe:cool:
I will never go back to a chain drive. Too much maintenance and cleaning. Shaft drive isn't bad, but isn't belt cheaper (to produce) and a better % of power transferred to the road?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I got my replacement belt and will put it on this afternoon.

Need to remove my seat and saddle bags and brackets to make it easier to do the job,,,,then the fun begins...need to remove a few things before I can get the belt off and the new one on:

In order:
Passenger pegs,
Rear Fender stays and the fender
Muffler, def, and maybe the exhaust pipes too??
If the exhaust needs to come off, that means the RH rider floor board too
upper drive belt guard
rear brake caliper
rear wheel (no surprise)
horn
swing arm (again, no surprise)
and finally the front pulley cover (which also houses the rectifier)

piece of cake :mad: :D
My kind of project!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Old school here(but that's me) Shaft drive and chain drive never have that sort of grief;)

Ride Safe:cool:
Maybe, but with all the power on my 1600cc or his 1800cc motor, a shaft would a) break or b) have such a wicked side twist you'd fall over every time you gunned it. And in the life of the belt drive, you'd have spent 3 times that much on chain maintenance. :D:D:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Maybe, but with all the power on my 1600cc or his 1800cc motor, a shaft would a) break or b) have such a wicked side twist you'd fall over every time you gunned it.:D:D:D
I'm going to have to start paying more attention out there.

I could use a few good laughs.
I've been missing all those big Vulcans and Gold-Wings flopping over when the owners forget and gun them from a dead stop.:D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
What are they charging you for a new stone? :confused:

·
Registered
960 Posts
....so even if you carried a spare belt with you, this is probably NOT a roadside repair. :D
gee! Ya think? Thats like us 1100 guys carrying around a cordless drill and a tap to make a roadside mid shaft repair! "Hold up guys, be done in just a few minutes!"

·
Registered
231 Posts
Strat, that picture scares me....alot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
SOMEBODY STOP ME!

So now along with adding a new rear tire to this "simple" drive belt change, I just decided to replace the passenger pegs with a chrome set of swing out pegs and also add a power point outlet to the handlebars, both from Kuryakyn. Pic's of all should start showing up here next week....or so.... providing I stop buying new stuff....
WoW, just pull off the rest of the tin and send everything out for a Cool Custom Paint job while your at it..:):)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well, I'll bet ya there is at least one member on here with more than one V-Star and are also having a swimming pool put in...not mentioning any names mind you. :D
Aw hell, Wart. Go ahead and name names, I think maybe we would like to know a member that runs 2 Stars PLUS a swimmin pool:eek:
Now to be Syriaous,:)
looks like you gota good project goin, have fun with spiffin your ride up:cool:

Folks, have fun, Ride Safe:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts