Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m looking into getting a drivers backrest, and i found this one on amazon.com, i was wondering if anyone knew it it was worth it. i know you usually get what you pay for, but i also know every now and then you find something decent... any help would be appreciated...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Studded-Drivers-Backrest-Yamaha-Road/dp/B006M3X6BY/ref=sr_1_52?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1337599308&sr=1-52[/ame]

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't have that exact model, but I do have the one from Grasshopper and it looks very similar in construction. The only negative thing I've noticed is that if you lean against it very hard it will bend back to the point of being useless. Of course it will bend back into desired position. In its defense, it doesn't usually bend from the pressure of normal riding...I noticed the bending issue after I was parked, relaxing on my bike with pretty much my whole weight leaning back on it. Doesn't happen with normal riding. I'm 5'8" with short legs so I wish it came forward about another inch and it would be optimum for me. I don't regret buying it. Of course your mileage may very.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have one from Grasshopper on my Volusia. If & when I get a 950T and feel the need for a backrest, I'll get the Grasshopper unit. I like the fact that it can be removed & stored away easily.

Dave
Westerville, OH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts