Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was reading some where that they make a flasher relay that fixes the fast flash issues. Anyone tried that. That way y don’t have to get the resistors as I’m told that they can get hot and burn.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,938 Posts
Simple fix for 1100:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks I thought there was a better way not all bike have the fast flash issues you won’t know until you install led lights. So it will be a wait and see game.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Took the 950 out for a full day spin. It was great. I was disappointed in the lights. Despite their brightness they failed to slow the other idiots on the road. LOL

Still had a good time.

·
Registered
2005 V Star 1100 Classic
42 Posts
I added the LED in the Light bar and the headlamp ...not quite what you were asking, but to add 'side' visibility at night, I swapped out the the rear and front marker reflectors and wired in LED lights (amber and red). They are the same size as the originals and don't look out of place.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,938 Posts
Looks good Keith. Tell Monica she has to ride your bike until you get her new tires. I'm going to ask her if you told her, so you better. :ROFLMAO: 😝 :LOL:

·
Registered
2005 V Star 1100 Classic
42 Posts
Re: Fast flash (or hyper flash):... the reason that the flashers will flash 'fast' when placing LED bulbs in the flasher unit is due to the lack of resistance - LED bulbs have very little resistance (compared to an 1157 bulb for example) the flasher unit will be tricked into thinking there is a blown bulb and cause the remaining light to flash fast - an in-line resistor will cure this... just be sure to have the right size and rating - I'm going to swap mine out this summer

·
Registered
283 Posts
The resistor mod isn't too bad to do to the oem relay.. I've had it on my bike for 2 years now with the switchback LED's in the front. Make sure to get the correct value as the 1300 uses a different resistor than the 650 vstar. Doing the mod allows for the auto cancel to continue to work.

The 1300 uses a FB246H flasher and not the FB257H. I tried it anyway and found for the FB246H flasher that we have, you need a 0.47 ohm resistor. Works great, no load balance/resistors and get to keep the self cancel feature."

61 - 78 of 78 Posts