Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99% of my footage is very boring. But running it all the time does allow for me to post the interesting stuff I do see on occasion. I generally just delete most footage each week.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
you know we dont agree on the safety of lane splitting

but one takeaway, its encouraging to see a rider get up and walk his bike off the road after an accident. Did not see him go down, but can assume he was going fast at the time: ATGATT rides again!

Im guessing all his riding gear is destroyed now: about $1000

and at least that much damage to his bike.

If he makes $20 an hour he will have to work for about 150 hours to pay for all the damage done in that spill. I hope getting where he wanted to go a few minutes faster was worth it.

In 150 hours he could have ridden his bike 7500 miles instead. LA to NYC and back on the scenic route.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not see him go down, but can assume he was going fast at the time: ATGATT rides again!

Im guessing all his riding gear is destroyed now: about $1000

and at least that much damage to his bike.

If he makes $20 an hour he will have to work for about 150 hours to pay for all the damage done in that spill. I hope getting where he wanted to go a few minutes faster was worth it.

In 150 hours he could have ridden his bike 7500 miles instead. LA to NYC and back on the scenic route.
He was going much faster than I was, probably about 50mph if I had to guess.

He was not wearing "gear", the moron was in slacks and regular shoes. His bike just slide out and he rolled.... he was very very fortunate. I bet the damage to his bike is all superficial on the plastics. Maybe a bent shift lever or damaged handlebars.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Glad you are okay. I know you are no where near where it happened, but when people see stuff like that they get like panicked cattle... BTW where did you get your acoustic music from? I have been looking for music for my vids that I do not have to worry about someone claiming copyright.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you are okay. I know you are no where near where it happened, but when people see stuff like that they get like panicked cattle... BTW where did you get your acoustic music from? I have been looking for music for my vids that I do not have to worry about someone claiming copyright.
Yeah, I saw him go down and immediately began slowing down, traffic was moving pretty slow so it was not as bad as it could have been.

You tube, I look up covers and then use a web service that converts yourtube videos into MP3 files:

Youtube to MP3 Converter | Fast, Free, and Easy by ListentoYouTube.com

If the youtuber has a ton of talking before or after the song, or they are repping a product or something I use this site to cut the track down to just the music:

https://mp3cut.net

A friend taught me this trick a few years ago. I have a few favorite youtubers that regularly release covers. Because it is a cover you can't get dinged by the recording studies for copyrighted material.

This is where I got the song for this particular video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbK6S8jFtYZ3UnPhWRIJ0bA

I also like the A.V. Club for some pretty random covers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts