Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2005 1100 Classic from a best friend who owned it since new. He had had a local dealer install full Cobra 2 into 2's and K&N. Dealer typically installed Dynajet kit...needles and jetted front 110 rear 108 in Dynajet mains. Man did it run like crap! Got stock needles from Tim, added one .020" washer to them, and installed; installed Mikuni 115 into front and 112.5 in the rear, pilots are at 3 turns out for now, what a difference! There is quite a difference in the tip diameters of those needle. Dyna is around .070" and the Yamaha is about .0625" so it is readily apparent how lean the Dynajet is to begin with.

Bike turned 111mph with Dynajets and 112 with Mikuni inside a mile, no windshield, don't know what top would be but guess not much more. I was surprised how close top speeds were, because the jet sizes cross as big differences in sizes from what I could see. I'm not that interested in high speed...but it is an indicator that things are set up properly. Just wondering what these things generally can do. Interested in driveability and good acceleration though ;)

I soldered extensions onto the pilot screws so I can get at them. They are at 3 turns from when I was trying to make it run acceptably with the Dynajunk. Don't know if they will stay at that many turns...

Would appreciate a general concensus of how many turns most everyone generally arrives at so I can have an idea of where I should have it. Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Could be down to the settings on the Dynojet jets and not the brand. I doubt a big aftermarket performance company like them would have jets that don't work.
I'm installing a stage 1 dynojet on my 1100 in a few weeks (slow UK suppliers :rolleyes:), already have the K&N filter and will be gutting the stock pipes too, so will let you know how I get on.

As for the 112mph the bike is electronically limited to 110, so that extra 2 was an optimistic speedo, no speedo is dead on.
What should have changed is your 0-60 or 0-100 time, not by much I'd imagine for the 10 extra donkeys or whatever these 3 mods give you.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts