Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Dyno the Raider

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Mrdub 
#1 ·
So I dynoed the Raider this past weekend. She put down 92HP and 120 TQ

#2 ·
When I use to own air cooled VW beetles, I knew with its 54HP engine a correctly tuned superbeetle could hit 82mph on level ground with calm winds.

That was my dyno test after a tune up. Went for a test drive on a country road. If I could not hit 82mph I knew the timing was a bit off.

Reactions: Keith Post and Elk
#11 ·
Nice.. Good to see numbers match what Ivan says.. Given differences in the dyno and conditions and Bike setup it's great to see results comparative to Ivan's...He was set up a little differently when he got 101hp and 129lb/ft of torque but those numbers are impressive for sure ..Just means you got a little room to play to get the MAX from Ivan's tune:) I bet the bike is a whole new animal for sure :)

#12 ·
Every bike is different. Ivan also tuned the bike and revved it higher to get those results. I am not complaining, but it is not totally apples to apples comparison. It was hot as hell that day. The bike was hot from riding it to Indian where they dyno was. Yes I am very happy with the tune and drivability of the bike.

#13 ·
I have Ivan's tune on my 1300 and love it.. That's why i was asking how it was . I totally agree with you on the different bike different set up.. so many people think it should as said by the tuner but there are too many variables for sure. :) I think Ivan's tune should be a first mod on a yamaha for sure !! Way better results for just a little more than a fuel tuner and really makes the bike more enjoyable to ride :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.