Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I know it's been a wile since I posted anything but I need some help I just got my dynojet jet kit in and it has 5 main jets and in the directions it says to use the 108 and the 110 main jet but I know that is just "suggested" but I want more power so my question is if I use the 110 and 112 main and 22.5 pilot for both would I need to adjust the c clip on the needle or will I be ok just leaving it where they tell me to put it????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey everyone I know it's been a wile since I posted anything but I need some help I just got my dynojet jet kit in and it has 5 main jets and in the directions it says to use the 108 and the 110 main jet but I know that is just "suggested" but I want more power so my question is if I use the 110 and 112 main and 22.5 pilot for both would I need to adjust the c clip on the needle or will I be ok just leaving it where they tell me to put it????
BIKE INFO ?

Ron

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
We'd still need a lot more info than that. Exactly what filters will you be using....what exhaust....

Just an FYI....you don't get "more power" by changing jets. You can get additional power by changing the intake and exhaust, if it is done properly. Then you adjust the jetting to match the increased airflow to get back to approximately the exact same air/fuel mixture you had to start with.

With all that said....I'd toss that "kit" you bought on Ebay and sell it. There is no need to spend more than $10-$20 or so and get everything you need ....and I'd also get Mikuni jets...which is the standard for Mikuni carbs. Just about any Harley dealer has them in stock if your metric dealer doesn't.

I'd go HERE and start reading. Everything you need to know about proper carb tuning on an 1100 is there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And still my question goes unanswered I came for help not to be talked to like a child and the "kit" I got was given to me so I did not spend any money on this at all I don't know about you but after I honestly don't want to go back into the carbs after I change/add anything for more performance

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
And still my question goes unanswered I came for help not to be talked to like a child and the "kit" I got was given to me so I did not spend any money on this at all I don't know about you but after I honestly don't want to go back into the carbs after I change/add anything for more performance
LOL... OK...talking to you like an adult...you got the wrong parts dude......good luck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts