Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bit the bullet and bought my E.D. seat. I went on vacation last week and low and behold when I got home it was sitting on my doorstep. I had no clue it would arrive so fast! I received within a week of ordering it and it was shipped from Canada. We got it on and I am dying to go for a long ride or a ride at all on it. I did get a little closer to the ground not as close as I would have liked but every little bit helps. I am going to commute the rest of the week to work on it and then give it a longer ride this weekend. I cant wait to test it out and hope it does not make my arse hurt!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E.D. Seat photo

Very Funny! :p I just dont understand why someone would name their business with those initials but hey people remember it. Ok so I rode her today for the first time. Can I just say wow what a different experiance! I can flat foot my right foot now backing out of my garage. It felt a little weird at first but I am in love after my quick ride to work. :D Also, with the back on the seat it keeps me from sliding back when I take off at a light which means I dont have to pull myself back forward everytime. Now to try to for a longer ride this weekend and see if I compromised on the comfort.

I attached a photo of the seat mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Look, I know you can't have E.D. with a bike like that. Congrats on the bike and can I just say, DAMN NICE PAINT JOB! Submit for bike of the month NOW!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look, I know you can't have E.D. with a bike like that. Congrats on the bike and can I just say, DAMN NICE PAINT JOB! Submit for bike of the month NOW![/QUOTE

Thank you very much she is coming along with the customizations that I am doing. I am a marine brat (fathers purple heart from Vietnam sits on my wall as a reminder everyday), tea party patriot and proud American. I am a strong beliver in my 2nd Amendment rights and the bullet cassing screws cover that (yep I take her to the gun range just havent figured out how to get my shot gun there yet).She fits my personality well.

As for the E.D. issue I am a girl so I hope I dont have that problem anyway. LOL :p

I did notice with the seat since I am short that I rested my legs against the pipes twice. Its because it is narrower but it pushes me forward. Hopefully I can get used to that soon.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Look, I know you can't have E.D. with a bike like that. Congrats on the bike and can I just say, DAMN NICE PAINT JOB! Submit for bike of the month NOW![/QUOTE

Thank you very much she is coming along with the customizations that I am doing. I am a marine brat (fathers purple heart from Vietnam sits on my wall as a reminder everyday), tea party patriot and proud American. I am a strong beliver in my 2nd Amendment rights and the bullet cassing screws cover that (yep I take her to the gun range just havent figured out how to get my shot gun there yet).She fits my personality well.

As for the E.D. issue I am a girl so I hope I dont have that problem anyway. LOL :p

I did notice with the seat since I am short that I rested my legs against the pipes twice. Its because it is narrower but it pushes me forward. Hopefully I can get used to that soon.
Well, knowing that you are of the female persuasion I guess I was right in saying that there's no way you can have E.D. :D:D

Semper Fi and I can't wait to see what other mods are coming!

If not for all the tree hugging, flower sniffing, cloud hoppers :mad: you could just chop the butt stock off that shot gun and it would be real easy to get it to the range! Then again, you can still easily transport your pistols or an AR-15 with a collapsible stock :D:D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Newbie I want to know about your seat.

OK, let me rephrase that: how was your seat on the weekend ride.....? Still happy with it? Comfortable? No monkey but? Comfortable with the riding position?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I love this seat! We road from San Diego to Santa Barbara on the way up. We took the very scenic route with traffic and it was about a 6 hour ride. We had different weather and so I got to try it with my chaps on even for awhile. It was awesome. It was comfortable no problems. On the way home we just rode freeway. After a long eventful weekend of both riding all weekend and all the events of the wedding I was tired. My butt did not bother me but I need notice my shoulders were getting tired. The big test will be at the end of the month when we make the ride to Reno for Street Vibrations we are planning a 12 hour ride each way.

Oh and I got to try out my heat demons we installed. Of course I could not feel it as well with my heavy riding gloves but once I took my gloves off or used my warm weather you could really feel the heat.

Thanks for asking!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts