Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Easy key extension solution

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Highwayman 
#1 ·
I have a windshield and a windshield bag, so the fingertip reach to lock, unlock, and start the bike was irritating me.
Found a solution, it’s a key ring that holds the keys rigidly. So basically, it makes the key 6” longer.
As a bonus, it hold all your keys in parallel, so any other keys aren’t rattling around and scratching the paint.

Here’s the one I already had laying around. There’s several different makes and models around the $15-20 price point.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JOFJJ5Y

#3 ·
I keep my MC and car keys on their own ring, and clip them in with the rest of my keys on a small carabiner.

Only put the one key in the ignition, the rest are in my pocket.

I cant see the keys when Im riding, and would hate to lose them all somewhere on a long ride.

#5 ·
"...For some reason my key suddenly became difficult to insert and especially difficult to remove...."

try some of that graphite lock lube?

#7 ·
Like stated above I keep one key for my bike, the other keys I take with me are stored on the bike. Except the Harleys. Since I do not have to physically insert the key in the ignition on those I clip it to my regular keys when riding.

#9 ·
I also keep the spare key for my bike in the pocket of my riding jacket. If i lose my key somewhere having the spare key at home wont help.

For my car I have a flat key in my wallet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.