Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just got back to riding this year after 35 years.
Bought a used 2001 V-Star 1100 Classic.
A little rusty still after not riding for so long, but practice should do it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey everyone, just got back to riding this year after 35 years.
Bought a used 2001 V-Star 1100 Classic.
A little rusty still after not riding for so long, but practice should do it.
Same story for me a couple years back, hadn't owned a m/c for about 33 years. Started back on a Honda Aero 750, moved to a V-Star 1300 Tourer, and now have a Stratoliner Deluxe. The riding abilities come back fairly quickly, just realize it will take time and practice. But, I did notice the customize and go bigger bug took no time at all to take hold !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the 4M. Show us some pics of your ride when you get the chance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, already started modding it.
Changed the exhaust, rejetted, higher lift cams, air pods, remote oil filter.
It has more powah!

·
Registered
72 Posts
welcome! I got back into riding a couple years ago after 20-ish years of not riding.
Bought a 2000 Vstar 1100 Classic and love it.

Montreal eh? Smoked meat, Poutine, steamies, bagels....mmm
I love everything about Montreal except the drivers and the Habs :)
Have fun with your new ride!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am already, thanks
You got it, all that good stuff.
You've been here before I guess if you talk about the drivers.

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. We would love to see some pics of your 1100. Keep us posted on the fun of being back in the saddle. Ride safe.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy that you decided to join us and anxiuos to read your posts and see pics of the bike. Ride safe and post often.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Bienvenue au forum eh. The 1100 is one super grin enhancing machine as you already have found out. Pics are a must and don't use the it's almost winter here and I have to ride as much as possible before that ;). I just come back from a 800 km spin from my place to Drummondville, Newport VT and back home via the back roads. If you're ever in my neck of the woods let me know and I'll show you my corner of the province. Maybe we could meet in Tremblant for a bevy also.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts