Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my 650 as a funny little grimlin that popped up yesterday.

The horn goes off the second you turn the key to on and won't shut off until you turn the key to off...

It was riding fine up until I stopped in my driveway to put her away yesterday and the damn horn just started going off. It won't stop until the ignition is off.

I hit up the other forum first and no one as responded. I checked my grounds on the control box side and everything seems fine. I have touched the horn at all for it to be stuck so I am at a loss. I am just going to remove it for now but I know its part of the inspection process in Texas to be road worthy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Could be the horn button itself that is stuck. If you have an ohm meter, it would be easy to check if you have continuity thru the switch even when the button isn't pushed.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My volt meter took a crap a few months ago. I am jus going to toss in a new switch I have laying in my garage from another build and hope it works.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I traced all my wires and no luck so I am going to put a new switch in it and go from there.

But the fun thing is I just unhooked the horn and lost lights both front and rear...

Gotta love not having at least a brake light. Had the wife follow me to my shop about a block away and dropped it off to have its new shoes put on and will try to figure the rest out when I bring her home.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I traced all my wires and no luck so I am going to put a new switch in it and go from there.

But the fun thing is I just unhooked the horn and lost lights both front and rear...

Gotta love not having at least a brake light. Had the wife follow me to my shop about a block away and dropped it off to have its new shoes put on and will try to figure the rest out when I bring her home.
I found a problem with the harness in the headlight housing once. it was a burnt wire or two. i wonder.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a problem with the harness in the headlight housing once. it was a burnt wire or two. i wonder.
Hmm when I get her back I will look there first. I have all the connections for the blinkers disconnected so I wonder if it is grounding on the headlight housing itself and causing a short...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts