Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know the electrical out put in watts of a 1700 midnight Silverado. Also the operating watt usage of the stock model. Operating usage would be how many watts its uses normally. output would be max wattage it can produce. Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Going from memory but I think the stator output is 25 amps for an 05. If you figure an operating voltage of 14 volts, output watts would be 350. Not really sure how you could figure out the actual usage without putting an amp meter on it but at a guess, 20-22 amps or 280-300 watts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your reply, I am trying to figure out this because I want to put a stereo amplifier with a couple of speakers, a satellite radio and a power/USB charging port to charge MP3 and use a GPS on trips. I want to figure out what power these use so I do not use to much power for the charging system to recharge the battery or burn out something.

·
Registered
342 Posts
OK, a little better estimate on your average power usage is probably about 15 amps or around 200 watts. That would be with the high beam on and running 55 watt driving lights. Using 35 watt driving lights would lower that a little bit. My first estimate was kinda worst case/everything possible on at the same time. The USB charging port and GPS doesn't use much power at all. I would think the satellite radio also doesn't take much power to run. The stereo amp is going to be the big one but lots of people are running stereos and amps with no problems. Hope this is helping and not making it more confusing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts