Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount my GPS in a water proof case on my handlebars. Looking for ideas for providing power to the location. Any ideas?? I ride a 2014 Roadliner S. Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,748 Posts
I use a very simple setup. I do not like having to look down to see my speed so use app on phone and can use maps when needed. The Hopnel windshield bag is just the right size for me. First photo is how it looks going down the road. I did notice in picture it picked up glare on phone in windshield but it's not there going down the road. For power I picked up a $5 power outlet at the auto parts store and mounted it to the windshield bolt that holds the bag on. I wanted the power source to only be powered with key on. I tapped off the running light circuit. Has worked great for over a year now. I did it this way so no wires would show. May be hard to read but shows trip of 49.52 miles, that's work and back today taking freeway. Oh, just saw the max speed today was 80 mph, light traffic at 5am this morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts