Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Barons BAK, and rejetted, specs with kit. I rode about fifty miles the next day, three ten mile round trips to work that week without a hiccup. Come Saturday I only get a mile and a half and it dies like the kill switch was hit, no warning. First thought was fuel, check the petcock, the tank, fine, it cranks back up. I don't make it a half mile and it does it again, this time it takes longer to start, so I turn around and head home. It dies three more times in that mile and a half. Everytime it seems it has to cool down longer to start. The clicking at start up sounded different. I haven't been home in a couple of weeks so tonight I got a look at it. Battery cables are tight, it starts right up, sounded right even without the choke! It's an 08 VStar 1100, has Cobra slip-ons, ais has been removed and its black. I can't find anyone on line that has these same symptoms. Electrical, fuel, air, help what's going on?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
First thing with an issue after a major modification is to go back through every step you did while doing the modification. Make sure to look at any wires and etc that are in the vicinity of the area you were working on as well

After you do that, if you don't find the issue you might check your fuel pump pressure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts