Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

When I went to buy my 08 V star 650 Silverado this year I was informed that the bikes have an inherent whining noise, a noise that i verified on my test ride, I tried two more brand new v star 650's and a couple of 950's, they also have the same whining noise.

What is causing this? Is it a poor transmission gearing design that is causing this or the external oil pump, or some other design flaw?

My bike only whines at certain Rpms in every gear, I suppose I could get used to it, or avoid that Rpm range, or maybe just buy some after market mufflers when the warranty period runs out, just to drown out the noise.
But seriously has anyone else having that slight whining noise with their V stars?

Dennis

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a V-star 250 and i would say it has a whir, i thought it was because it's a lightweight engine and that a heavier exhaust would drown it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep. Whining noise here too. '02 1100 Silverado. V&H pipes. I can still hear it over the mufflers, expecially at highway speeds. You get used to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts