Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my bike, it’s my second V-Star, I have a minor drip under the crankcase. I cleaned it up and road it for a while and I think I’ve localized it but cannot find a single assembly diagram with this part on it. Also the two bolts on the back of the part are completely blocked by the frame I’d appreciate any input on the removal of them as well. There’s maybe 1/2 inch of clearance between them and the frame.
Please help

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,173 Posts
That's the oil strainer cover. There are two orings that seal it to the case. See number 9 and 10.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought my bike, it’s my second V-Star, I have a minor drip under the crankcase. I cleaned it up and road it for a while and I think I’ve localized it but cannot find a single assembly diagram with this part on it. Also the two bolts on the back of the part are completely blocked by the frame I’d appreciate any input on the removal of them as well. There’s maybe 1/2 inch of clearance between them and the frame.
Please help View attachment 92215
Hey awesome thanks. A little more research and I’ve found, a common leak on the V-star is actually caused from a cracked neutral switch that drips directly on that part. I think I’ll try the easier fix first.
Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts