Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive added an after market exhaust. ive added an after market jet kit and air filter. the 1100 custom i have has more power than it had when it was stock. but, he he he i need more power. im having trouble finding a site that i can find engine parts. ie... cams, pistons and such. can anyone point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe you should consider changing bikes. Cruisers are made for just that; cruising. Custom cruisers that fly cost 30000 plus. Be prepared to shell out big bucks. Sorry, do not know where to find high performance parts for Japanese engines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have about the same mods as you it sounds like. My 1100 has Jardine exhaust(sounds great to me), K+N air filter with holes drilled in the casing, and re-jetted carbs. Mine is an '03 with 12000 miles on it. I run the lightest synthetic honda oil I can and I am going to replace the plugs and wires(though its running fine). It runs with the big boys so thats about all I need out of her. The rest is just riding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pacific Coast Star has a good selection of engine parts. I purchased a performance package from them that included cams, pistons, springs, new carbs and a dyna ignition unit. PCS is a good company, although they are a little slow in getting the parts to you, but they have good customer service and good technical advice. They were one of the first companies to specialize in aftermarket v star parts.

SScustomcycle also sells engine parts, and other aftermarket stuff, but I have not had any experience with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts