Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Year: 2006

Make/Model: Black Cherry Yamaha XV1900A Midnight Star (European Roadliner)

Eng. size: 1854 cc / 113 cu

Modifications:
HyperPro progressive front shocks - Raider model adapted for Roadliner
Wilbers adjustable rear shock, custom made for this bike (first ever made for this model)
Power Commander V with switch on left air cover with two maps - long distance fuel efficiency, and low grunt low rev 5th gear rides
K&N Air filter
Enlarged (14 -> 28 liters, 3.7 -> 7.4 gallon; incl. reserve 17 -> 31 liters, or 4.5 -> 8.2 gallon) gas tank built from a standard one, following OEM bike design
Custom made CNC-turned single block risers to work with large gas tank
Extensions and additions of electrical wiring where necessary
Custom made rear guard, following the general design, black powder coated

Accessories:
Yamaha Passing lights and brackets with replacement DayMaker LED inserts, and switch on handlebar to switch on/off (not standard in EU)
ClearView extra wide windshield with vent
Paughco 14 inch Ape Hanger Crossbar handlebars
Kuryakin ISO Grips with Mechanical Throttle Assist
Extra long braided Stainless Steel Cables
Wolo horn
Ultimate saddles and driver's support
Corbin Fleetline Trunk and Saddlebags
GPS ball head to fit on risers
Yamaha passenger billet floor boards
Yamaha chrome rear brake pedal cover

Length of time to build: Three years so far. Apart from some minor things, more or less complete :).

And the story/inspiration/additional comments:

The idea or design philosophy always was to optimize the bike for personal use, for long rides, despite back problems, in a style conforming to the original design, and keep it practical and as simple as possible at the same time. It is practical, as I can easily do 450 km / 280 miles on a single fill at the gas station, get easily 2 soft bags in the trunk for clothes etc., use one of the bags for motor gear (a single one contains more than the old
OEM Yamaha set), and the other for work related stuff (laptop bag etc.). So rather than have to spend half an hour to tie everything up, I am done in less than 10 minutes for a week long business trip, covering whatever distance without ever having to worry about finding the next gas station, stopping where and when I want rather than the petrol tank prescribes, in all creature comforts, for me and my back. And riding in the dark becomes a pleasure too, with the DayMaker additions to the passing lights :).

Of course, the bike should look as if it rolled straight of the factory floor, despite all the add-ons and customizations.

In my eyes it does indeed look it came straight from the factory, not only that, but looks great to me, is extremely comfortable to ride, and I never have to worry about missing a gas filling station anymore :).

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well done, love the lines.
Tank looks fantastic, fits the motorcycle very well.
Cheers.
Rick

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done, love the lines.
Tank looks fantastic, fits the motorcycle very well.
Cheers.
Rick
Thank you, Rick, much appreciated!

Tried to keep it in style, while making it my own! :)

Kind regards, Wim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts