Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the voting for November has started I make a try for December. As a new member from the Netherlands I want to present my Bike.

Year: donor 2001, finished 2015
Make/Model: Home made/ Blue Star
Eng size: xv 1600
Modifications: complete
Accessories: detachable luggage rack
Length of time to build: 5 years

I ride a Roadstar xv 1600, full dressed for 7 years and she,s here to stay. Lot of kilometers with my wife and trailer. There will be no other one. Because of this I started to modify a second bike to get a nice solo bike. But this get out of hand and so I made some drawings, pencil and paper, 1:1 scale. And when I get my ideas on paper I start building. And it took me 5 years to get this result. Its a low and long rider, but happily she steers even better and lighter than my Roadstar, she handles very light and she go,s straight like an arrow when I let go the handlebar by 60mls/hour.
So riding this bike is very addictive.

The start of this adventure.

The finish, right side.....

...and the left side.

And with the proud owner.

Luggage rack for camping gear when I go to a rally.

It is still a Yamaha.

The entire building process shows here.
The new project

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Wow, that luggage rack is very cool with the vstar logo - don't think I've seen one like that before. She is just beautiful!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Annie, and your right about the rack. There is only one such a rack. Mostly I ride without it, but its indeed beautiful, functional and sometimes necessary.
My son did the drawing and the laser cutting and I finished it welding and sandblasting. It is made of stainless steel and because the luggage make scratches on the rack I did not polished this part.

See that you are riding two total different bike,s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts