Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for my very first long distance bike trip on my own last week on the Roadstar. What a great experience, 2400 km travelled from Victoria through New South Wales and back again. Stopping at some of our aviation museums along the way. Mostly very hot except for the last day which was cold and wet. The roady behaved itself very well except for a headlight failure which was my fault since I wired the things up. I enjoyed the solitude and the peace of eating up the miles by myself.
I'm afraid I wasn't that impressed with the Tomtom I bought for the occasion.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks for sharing your epic tour..any pictures? That is an example of enjoying the freedom, peace and true nature of the journey! Sorry for your lamp issue but we all learn from mistakes, etc. Glad you could remedy problem yourself and make repairs. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Sounds like a great trip and thanks for sharing with us. Please share any additional photos you may have taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photos, here we go.
One for my American brethren, an Avon Sabre. Built by the CAC [commonwealth aircraft corporation], these Sabers were a little longer than the US model to accommodate the Rolls Royce Avon engine. With better power to weight ratio these guys would just hit Mach one.
A lovely Stearman PT 17 trainer in concourse condition.
And a Mk VIII Spitfire with CA-13 Boomerang in the background. The Boomerang has the distinction of having the shortest time from concept to production of any fighter. From approval to first flight was sixteen weeks. Unfortunately they weren't that **** hot, but mostly due to lack of performance at higher altitudes from the 1,200 hp Pratt & Whitney R-1830-S3C4G Twin Wasp 14 cylinder twin row radial engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great aviation pictures! Even I, female, enjoy History...thank you for sharing. Gives others the sense of being on tour, as well and broadens ones knowledge, or even causes some research and challenge to investigate specific products. It is amazing how much technology changes?? Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts