Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to start my 2009 Stratoliner after sitting a couple months, and it doesn't start, crank or anything. The lights come on showing the engine light then I get a 12. I've changed the battery, and when I jump the starter relay it starts to crank, but doesn't turn over. I've read that the error 12 is the crankshaft sensor. Where is that located exactly on the stratoliner. I'm not mechanically incline, so I'm kinda clueless. For example, I'm sure someone will say its on or in the crankshaft. I don't even know where the crankshaft is lol. Is that the left or right side of the bike. I'd appreciate any help or suggestion what else I can try to get the bike running. If it is the crankshaft sensor, is it easy replaceable. Could someone give me a tutorial on how to do it. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I tried spraying starter fluid in the air cleaner while jumping the starter relay, the bike fires up, but then dies. It's not getting any gas. I pulled a plug and it is dry, no gas. I got a new starter relay coming in the mail, hopefully that will fix the initial starting problem, but as for not getting gas, what could that be. Is there a fuel filter? I looked at the manual, but couldn't find a fuel filter. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts