Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Strat that gets excessively hot at the passenger right floor board. Have the Yamaha long drags. Has anyone else experienced this.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I have the stock exhaust but the pipe still gives off a lot of heat, a natural amount of heat I suppose. But a slight twist of the right hand turns up the A/C.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree with Stratowart....a twist changes everything....instant grin too.....
But aside from that I have noticed when I get fuel with Ethanol in it I run higher temps...after doing a little test of my own... I run about 10 degrees cooler on premium without the added E than I do with premium with the E in it...of course this is all based on a digital infared non contact thermometer....the results could simply be two different fuels from different manufacturers....but I think it is the additive.
I have the V&H two into one and it gets pretty hot......enough to remind me NOT to put my leg there....

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have an 06 Strat that gets excessively hot at the passenger right floor board. Have the Yamaha long drags. Has anyone else experienced this.
That was the first thing my wife noticed was the heat on the right side. It is actually better with my roadhouse exhaust than with the stock, I dont know why but it is.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ethanol has 76,000 Btu's per gallon, unleaded gas has 119,000 Btu's per gallon. Ethanol will never burn hotter than gas.
I agree with that but we're not running pure ethanol so my thought is at 15%max..currently 10% here the dilution makes no difference...I'll assume my bike is running hotter to actually burn the additive mix, vs. not so hot burning non additive fuel....
just a wild guess?

·
Registered
65 Posts
That was the first thing my wife noticed was the heat on the right side. It is actually better with my roadhouse exhaust than with the stock, I dont know why but it is.
Stock has a catalytic converter in it, Roadhouse doesn't. :D

If you still have your OEM muffle, look down the 'inlet' side,,, See that 'honeycomb' looking device? That be your Cat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts