Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2009 V-Star 950 and I was wondering if I put a exhaust is there anything else I would have to change. I know on carburated motors you have to re jet the carbs but but my 950 is fuel injected so I didn't know if there was something else i needed.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hello I have a 2009 V-Star 950 and I was wondering if I put a exhaust is there anything else I would have to change. I know on carburated motors you have to re jet the carbs but but my 950 is fuel injected so I didn't know if there was something else i needed.
All you should really need need is to have the onboard computer reset.
Most Yamaha dealers can do this for you. Or you can go the more expensive route by installing a fuel management system and new air intake.
It's up to you and your wallet.:)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Exhaust

Bryan,

My buddy has a 950, he installed a Cobra slip-on. Cost was $230. He installed it himself in under an hour no other changes. Seems if only a slip on is installed and no air box changes a controller is not needed. He also felt there was a slight increase in horsepower. So far no loss of mileage has been noticed.

I believe the reset is as simple as disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts