Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all! so i have a 2007 v star 1100 classic, k&N big air filter, cobra lo boy's and a cobra jet kit. my question is about the pipes.. I'm bobbing the bike out and do not like how long the pipes are. I'm really wanting to take the mufflers off to make them "shorty" pipes with some exhaust wrap. will this hurt my bike? i know they will be very loud but my bike already wakes up the neighborhood lol I've looked down the mufflers and there is no baffles, nothing.. just pipe. I'm thinking the cobra jet kit will help with the tuning of the bike what do y'all think?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey all! so i have a 2007 v star 1100 classic, k&N big air filter, cobra lo boy's and a cobra jet kit. my question is about the pipes.. I'm bobbing the bike out and do not like how long the pipes are. I'm really wanting to take the mufflers off to make them "shorty" pipes with some exhaust wrap. will this hurt my bike? i know they will be very loud but my bike already wakes up the neighborhood lol I've looked down the mufflers and there is no baffles, nothing.. just pipe. I'm thinking the cobra jet kit will help with the tuning of the bike what do y'all think?
heres what I'm talking about, taking the back half off

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
heres what I'm talking about, taking the back half off
heres how i did mine because i wasnt much on how long they were so i cut the mufflers off and bought a pair of turn down exhaust tips from Ebay to match my pipe size and welded them on and exhaust wrapped over the welds.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow! Looks awesome, notice anything different having the shortys on?
just louder lol but being i added the 13" extension tip onto the top pipe (rear cylinder) it eliminated that bobble popping sound. i did a small little write up on it. My piping was 1.75 so i bought a 16" of 1.75 exhaust pipe from advanced auto and the 2 13" turndown extensions from ebay and placed the exhaust piping onto the bottom pipe that way the turndowns would be at the same spot. sanded the chrome extension tips and painted them with matte black header paint then wrapped from the engine to the last weld at the tips with black exhaust wrap from amazon ($16 i believe) as far as performance no i dont notice anything, its doesnt pop downshifting bad at all just what you would expect, and an awesome idle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea you could clamp it using like pipe repair clamps at your local pep boys the tips and the extension pieces are swelled to slip over you piping usually just measure your pipes not sure if what I cut up was stock size or not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts