Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have read lots of post here on this mod, alot of folks have done it. As for an extra set of pipes someone here I am sure has a stock set of mufflers that are taking up space in their garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks DMT. I'm just kinda cautious about cutting into my pipes. Where would I advertise looking for a set of stock ones on this site? I'm still new to it.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If you don't have all the tools(both power and hole saws) to do this and by the time you get a set stock pipes? You will be more than 1/2 way to a set good pipes. This mod is maybe 10min to the pipe and ease to do, that is if you have all the tools. I have done this to a 05 vstar and my 07 1100. Much louder but has a tin-can sound some times? It is hard to jack this mod up so you probably don't need the extra-set of stock pipes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
on the first page with a list of all of the differant forums (not just the ones on vstars) at the bottom is a classified section. You could also try Ebay. Maybe your local dealer knows of someone that had new pipes installed and is looking to get rid of their stock ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts