Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes from Cobra. You could even wrap them with stainless steel mesh if you wanted them just a little quieter. View attachment 118021
I called cobra engineering they said it will drop the sound about 3db or more just what you are looking for..so I am ordering them they don't come in pairs,,so I am ordering 2 should do the trick and a deeper sound 😉

·
Premium Member
08 Road Star 1700
1,547 Posts
With the quiet core baffle I get 79 db average at about 10 feet, exactly the same as my buddies stock Dyna. I may have to change to stock for inspection. New laws in New York.

·
Premium Member
08 Road Star 1700
1,547 Posts
Hmm Not really that big a difference. You should be ok. If you go to stock you would probably have to get it reflashed but I don't know that for sure. I have a Road Star and Ivan's isn't available for it. I use the Vance and Hinds Fuelpak. I have different maps for with or without baffles and for stock exhaust. I got mine from Dennis Kirk I thought they were like around 80 dollars.

·
Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm Not really that big a difference. You should be ok. If you go to stock you would probably have to get it reflashed but I don't know that for sure. I have a Road Star and Ivan's isn't available for it. I use the Vance and Hinds Fuelpak. I have different maps for with or without baffles and for stock exhaust. I got mine from Dennis Kirk I thought they were like around 80 dollars.
Maybe I misunderstood what he said 🤔 but he said much quieter than now and I could rap it

·
Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have to do something can't fire it up at 5 am next door is a radio personality he mentioned it on a morning show. He said you know who you are..lmao so Oops now I drive my car he said the guy has a diesel pick up we don't here that start up but when he starts the bike and trying to idle out we do..so I apologized to him..he smiled but !! I knew what he meant..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts