Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a V star 1100 and it has Ghost flames on the tank and fender. I am not sure if this is factory or????

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know if thats a factory paint job or not, but I do know it looks good! Really diggin' those drag bars. Need more pics of the whole bike, it looks real nice from here.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That's the factory "Custom" Paint for 05. Mine is the same but in a platinum/silver ghost flames.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK if it is custom for 05??? Hummm Mine is an 07, I would guess maybe it carried over a few years? I assumed my bike was a Classic. What is the difference between a custom and a classic?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The Custom is the lightest 1100 V-star. Then comes the Classic and then the Silverado. By lightest I mean standard equipment.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have only seen this paint on custom bikes. I could tell yours is a custom by the turning lights and the foot pegs in the photo. The customs turn lights are on the forks and the forks don't have dust shields it has little tombstone like guards and the finder's are not the same + you have foot pegs and not floor broads. The custom is the sporty model of the v-stars more-or-less.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
ummm, nevermind I just took a closer look at the handle bars, they look to be about 1 inch in diameter, too small, I wouldn't attempt it even if the internal wireing holes are there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the '09 Classic in the silver/gray with flames. Similiar pattern but not quite the same. Paint looks super!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts