Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find a ton of fairings for the 1300, like this one:2 of 6"x9" Speaker Holes Batwing Fairing for Yamaha VStar V Star 1300 | eBay
But not one like this for the same price, finish and style for the 1100. I emailed the guy and says "it wont fit an 1100".... Boo... The ones i find for the 1100 are more expensive by a $100, no brackets of any kind at all, and are only primed... Meaning i would HAVE to paint. My 1100 Classic is black, so getting a black gel coated one, means i would be done and save a ton.

Is there some huge difference that i can not see between the after market fairings for the 1300 and the 1100??? Mounting brackets aside. I plan to NOT make mine quick release, and it doesn't scare me to fabricate my own brackets. I have a current silverado windshield and can use the mounting stuff on that, maybe... kinda...

Anyone know anything? Help??

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The 1300 and 1100 are similar in many respects...and different in many more.

Also keep in mind that you pay for what you get in most cases. My son bought a similar fiberglass fairing and had to return it twice...finally just asked for his money back. All of them were pretty much junk in fit and finish.

If the seller told you it won't fit, why would you think it would? If you are up to making modifications and building your own brackets, I'd say go for it if you can live with poor quality.

Call SS Custom Cycle.... they sell quality stuff and are great to deal with.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am only curious since i was not able to see any differences in the fairings. measurements are very similar. Just thought i would ask...

You get what you pay for, yes. but need and want dictate a budget.

I found one from the same seller for the 1100, but has 6.5 in speaker cut outs that can be cut out further to accommodate a 6x9: V Star 650 1100 Classic Fairing Yamaha Motorcycle 6 5 Speaker Batwing Gelcoat | eBay

might go for this one...

·
Registered
66 Posts
On the roadstar forums that seller has been recommended with a quality product.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you haven't bought anything yet go to the actual website. You can get a better deal that way. i think I saved around $30 give or take. Then you have to order the Memphis shades fork brackets, they come as a set so you have to order 2 sets. I got mine from amazon prime.

Memphis Shades Metric Fork Clamps Adj.42-50Mm Mem9955

1 - 5 of 5 Posts