Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at fairings and hard bags and am looking for input. I've looked at Reckless & Wide open fairings and tsukayu farings and hard bags, and willy & max fairings and hard bags. Any pros/cons and personal preferences and experiences would be greatly appreciated. 2009 Roadstar

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't have any experience with those, but I have streetglide fairings and bags... I am a little partial to those, just thought Id throw it out there.

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/harley-davidson/street-glide-1996-to-present/

I bought one from there. It was recommended on a few different forums for the Tsukayu since Tsukayu uses the standard 3 hole. I bought a 15.5" with Recurve and a vent. Should be here next week.
Which fairing on Clearview did you order for? The only aftermarket fairing listed is Memphis shades. I did see the streetglide one with blemishes are on sale. I may order a tall one w/ vent( if it fits) for long trips and get the shorty with the Tsukayu for around town

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hardbags.com make a nice set of bags the wife got the large set for me for Christmas!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I have decided on the 3rd generation fairing from Tsukayu. I am also looking at their quick release wide hard bags. They are made for the roadliner or stratoliner, but I don't see why they wouldn't work on my Roadstar.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think I have decided on the 3rd generation fairing from Tsukayu. I am also looking at their quick release wide hard bags. They are made for the roadliner or stratoliner, but I don't see why they wouldn't work on my Roadstar.

I had a quick release system on my vstar 650 and liked it. The brackets you need add about 200 to the cost of the bags. The only think I dont think I would like about them is they look like the bags a good ways off of the bike. Thats one of the reasons I like the Tsukyau bags is because of how close the sit to the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im looking at fairings and hard bags and am looking for input. I've looked at Reckless & Wide open fairings and tsukayu farings and hard bags, and willy & max fairings and hard bags. Any pros/cons and personal preferences and experiences would be greatly appreciated. 2009 Roadstar
Might I reccomend going with HD fairing and Bags. These guys make great brackets for them to mount to the Road Star.

www.Dchoppercustoms.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts