Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks! got a winter project going, been wanting a fairing for years. I picked up this one: Yamaha V Star 650/1100 Classic Fairing

what I'm trying to figure out is the brakes. I do NOT want to spend $80-$120 for brackets, thats just ridiculous.

Im wondering if anyone of you with a fairing installed, if you found a cheaper way to install these fairings.

Ive heard that you can use the stock Silverado windshield mounts, with some mods, but I've heard with that install method, that it makes the fairing sit up too high and forward, which I don't want.

Any fairing owners have any suggestions????

·
Super Moderator
6,788 Posts
I'm sure you've checked with Memphis shades already, I'd try bikerhaven in Arkansas, phat performance out west, and check with eBay or Amazon. Let us know what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im trying to avoid buying the Memphis Shades brackets, I just can't justify $80-$20. Maybe for $50, but thats just nuts. id rather make something.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I had a Memphis Shade windshield for my bike and then got a fairing off of eBay with no hardware. I had to swap the the shield brackets left-to-right and right-to-left to make the fairing work with the same mounting brackets. You can find used brackets on eBay. Don't know if these will work.

memphis shades brackets v-star | eBay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts