Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the internet and I can't seem to find anyone that sells a fat tire kit for my bike. 08 roadliner midnight. Does anyone know where I can find one.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Actually in my browsing I came across a site that widens the 'Liner's stock wheels and it had some good info. I had have found it here but, now I can't find it.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I have been searching the internet and I can't seem to find anyone that sells a fat tire kit for my bike. 08 roadliner midnight. Does anyone know where I can find one.
Look up Cycle Image. They are located on the west coast. The guy's name there is Reza. Real great guy. I got to know him when converting my '02 Warrior from the stock 200mm wide tire to go to a 260mm Fat Bastard. He operates by the swap method, you send him your stock parts and he sends you modified parts sent in from somebody elses bike.

To get my 260 kit, I sent him my rear rim and the swingarm. I was more than happy with his delivery time and the quality. This is a picture of the 260 kit mounted on the warrior:

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called cycle image today and talked to Raza and he told me that he is not doing that anymore. But he did tell me call this place called Kosman.

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
The 260 kit for my warrior required the rim to be modified from a 17" x 6" to an 18" x 8.5". The swing arm needed to be bumped out on the right hand side. That was it.

This was four or five years ago and I think the total was right around $2K. I went with the stock wheel finish and not a chrome plated rim.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
When I wrote "that was it" I mean that was it, nothing else was needed except buying the 260 Metzler ME880 to go onto the modified rim. BUT, that was for the warrior. After reading the FXSTIEN blog in the link posted earlier it looks like Oliver also trimmed the rear fender and the lower belt guard of his Stratoliner to fit a 240 tire. But he also mentioned there was no changes to the pulleys.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts