Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering putting a fairing on my strat and would like to know which is the tallest.

If all of you would measure from a common point (same one if possible) maybe from the 12 oclock position of the speed-0 to the top of the fairing (not the top of the windsheld, but the top of the fairing)

I am a tall guy and am looking for the tallest fairing out. This bit of info is not provided by the manufacturers.

Make sure to let me know what brand/model fairing you have and pics are a plus

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
I have a Memphis shades batwing fairing I bought from bikerhaven.net in a neighboring state. Only paid $425.00 with free shipping. Includes the detachable brackets. They sell items for every make. Here's a pic of it on my 09' 950t. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a Premeux.. They are out of Montreal Canada. I love the fit of this fairing around the headlight. It is not boxy looking either. Very very good build quality. With the US dollar right now it is cheap for our American riders ;)

When I was looking for a fairing I searched Hoppe, Premeux, Memphis and Tsukayu. I looked at all four fairings so I decided and bought the Tsukayu Classic fairing it's very nice and did my own personal touches like adding in a set of marine Polk speakers and a mini amp installed under the fairing. Sounds much better and like the wind factor that a fairing offers. As for Premeux nothing against a Canadian company (I'm Canadian born and raised) They were pricey and customer service was terrible maybe because I don't speak French but that's another issue. Overall I'm very happy with my Tsukayu fairing

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you guys measure your fairing from the 12 oclock position of your speed-o to the top of the fairing (excluding the windshield)..

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I measured from the top of my fairing to the top of my speedo, it's 7 inches. Top of windshield to bottom of speedo, 12 inches. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That diagram shoes 10" from the headlight opening to the top of the fairing..is that laid flat along the slope of the fairing or is that vertical?That could be more than 3" different.
I don't know for sure, I am going to assume it would be the height from head light straight up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts