Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,563 Posts
Wasn't going to post this, but wanted y'all to see what a traffic free ride looks like in Houston. I've lived here since 1973 and have never seen this small amount of traffic during rush hour. It's almost spooky. I video all my commutes in case I'm involved in a wreck. I video these ride is SD and not HD, so quality is not good. Turn your volume down, the security strap is vibrating on camera and sounds terrible. This is my commute from work to home. I go this way to stay off freeway. Normal commute is an hour plus, today only 30 minutes. Video is from driveway to driveway.

·
6,563 Posts

·
6,563 Posts
I installed a new phone holder last night since @graybeard jinxed my old one. 😠. The new holder mounds to fairing and the phones camera lenses sits high enough that camera has a clear view. So I played around taking some still photos and video with camera. Pictures actually turned out ok when stopped or slow speed. The morning shot before sunrise didn't turn out very good, but was going about 50 mph. Does show headlight coverage pretty good, that low beam with driving lights on, both are LED. There is some reflection from windshield during day, but not to bad. It I want to snap a quick picture it will work.

Phone picture at night, 50 MPH

Phone pictures at stop:

Daylight picture at 50 mph, weird waves in picture at speed.

Now for the not so good. Phone video recorder does not do well at speed with vibration. Both videos are on the same road, taken at same time. First one is my bike mounted camera I've been using for a while. Second video is camera phone, mounted in holder on fairing. If you get sea sick easily, don't watch the second one. I'm only posting for how not to video and if anyone had thought about using a mounted phone for video, don't, it doesn't work very well.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts