Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone is prepared for Hurricane Harvey. Here in Houston we are going to be on the dirty side on the storm. They are calling for at least 12 inches of rain with up to 30 inches if it stalls. For y'all closer to the coast hope all goes well. Now for the funny of the day. I work my 10 hours today. Get home, put the patio furniture up, take town wife's hanging plant and put up a few other things around the yard. Last project of the evening, get generator out and start. I start my generator every month so no big deal. Oil, ✔, gas, ✔, choke on, ✔, pull to start, ✖. No start, pull, no start. 15 pulls no start. Pull air filter, spray starter fluid, starts and dies, repeat at least 10 times, same result. Then my wife comes out to tell me dinner is ready. She sees that I'm frustrated. She asks if that big red knob that says gas should be turned off. I throw the starter fluid across the yard. I turn the gas on, pull cord and it starts. She starts laughing and gives me a hug. So after I swallow my pride I thank her. Hope you all get a chuckle. I'm now as ready as I'm going to be. Good luck to all down in this area, I will post updates as I can.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have done this a few times. Last time I forgot to turn on the gas for my daughters bike after I was finished working on it. Took awhile till she came over and flipped it and started right up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Les, thanks for the bit of humor. We are on the northwest side of Houston (290/1960 area) and yes if it stalls as they expect it could be a rough few days. Good luck to everyone and stay safe. Hope all we get through this one okay.

·
Super Moderator
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a radar snapshot. Hope others are doing ok. I work at a retail auto parts store. We received 312 generators this morning at 7am. Sold all by 10am. Waiting for next trailer.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few minutes ago, tornado picture from my back yard. It's getting nasty in Houston.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow. That one looks pretty close, glad that you're okay, the Sienna Plantation folks have been hit hard today. We have had several tornado alert notices on our phones as a big weather cell has moved up 290. Our neighborhood is okay but not far from reported damage around Barker Cypress and West Road. Will sure be glad when Harvey finally goes bye bye. Everyone take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
My thoughts go out to everyone in the path of this thing. Hope you all make it through unscathed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts