Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the rear wheel / final drive assembly from my 2002 1100. Now that I have the wheel removed from the bike the final drive is not coming off the wheel. Is there any trick to removing this? I remember them usually just coming right off. This bike sat for a few years so I am not sure if thats why I am having challenges. I have shaken the drive shaft that attaches to the final drive and still no luck. Whats am I missing here?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm not a fan of using anything to pry with...especially a screw driver. All you need to do is take a little of the weight off the end with the shaft to keep it from binding and gently rock it back and forth. I usually hold the wheel with the final drive on the bottom..... I put an old tire or something like it under it on the floor to break the fall if it comes apart unexpectedly. I'd done it on my bike and many others that way and never had to use anything to pry with.

Also make sure to use a 60%+ Moly paste on the splines when you re-assemble. You'll never have an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts