Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been looking and finally got an opportunity to trade my old Chevy for an 06 Stratoliner S. It's a bit bigger than I was looking for, but I think I can deal with it :)

So far I love the bike but I'm still in the stages of finding out the simple things. I did figure out how to get the front winshield off by pulling the top out first, but can't seem to figure out the sissy bar! I'll figure out these things eventually... just have to get my riding time in while I can!

There's some great info around this forum!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow liner rider.Awsome bike you found and an awsome forum you found.For your backrest,open the bags and under the chrome of the backrest mount at the back by the lic plate there is a release on each side.Make sure it's unlocked and push up with your middle fingers to release the backrest mount.The backrest will flip forward a little then you can pull it off. Whew that's confusing lol. Hope this helps. If not here's a shop manual down load.http://www.linerwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome 06strat. Congrats on your trade. Don't worry, your new toy will reveal itself over time, and as for the "bigger than I'm looking for," my first bike was a 650 and I was into an 1100 8 mos. later. You'll be fine.

Go out and ride smart and have fun.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard fellow liner rider.Awsome bike you found and an awsome forum you found.For your backrest,open the bags and under the chrome of the backrest mount at the back by the lic plate there is a release on each side.Make sure it's unlocked and push up with your middle fingers to release the backrest mount.The backrest will flip forward a little then you can pull it off. Whew that's confusing lol. Hope this helps. If not here's a shop manual down load.http://www.linerwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
Thanks! I looked yesterday and saw how the arm swung out of the way but didn't see how the latch mechanism worked. I never looked at the bottom of the chrome... in fact the saddle bag recall is about the first thing I need to do to it since they won't open right now.

either way I really like the bike and I'm glad I didn't get the 800. I was looking at the M50 for a while but never found one. This is the first bike I've owned so I'm going to have to learn some about maintenance and all, but it can't be too bad!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:) If your mechanically inclined then maintainence will be easy for you.

1) righty tighty
2) lefty loosy

:D:D:D

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Well, I've been looking and finally got an opportunity to trade my old Chevy for an 06 Stratoliner S.
So it's true, true, TRUE!!

When you wish for a star, makes no difference who you are....:)

Enjoy the bike (unless it's blue--then you might want the Chevy back...:D:D:D)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly what I needed! I found the levers today to release it and got it off the bike. Probably won't leave it on till I have someone on the back. I wouldn't have thought to look for the levers all the way at the back of the chrome trim.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That's what I do just leave it off until I have a passenger or loading up for a camping trip.I think they look better with them off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts