Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love this bike. I had a vision in my head when I purchased it, and it is finally coming together. My wife doesnt ride, so I knew a solo cruiser was i order. I was going for a timeless-classic look. Im 6'5 so as always, some comfort modification were on the agenda. I raised the handlebars to an upright position for comfort and looks. I had my seat redone at Astech Seats, starting over at the seatpan. It was widened and raised 2". Three densities of foam were used to create this, and then it was wrapped in leather to better match the factory bags. 4" foward controls set my legs into a comfy position, and the stock windscreen was tossed in favor of a Yamaha medium screen. Buffeting was suppressed through a set of chrome Harley wind deflectors. Yamaha driving lights and saddlebag guards were my winter projects. Though the exhaust was modified and sounded nice, more sound and a better look was added with a set of Cobra Speedster xtra longs, controlled through their fuel processor. My SSCC Retro Round air intake arrives today for installation. The front fender guard and solo rack are Show Chrome pieces. The rear fender trim and classic guage bezel are both National Cycle. The stock rubber was replaced in favor of Shinko 777 whitewalls, with Ride On in them for continous balancing and flat protection. Final touches include a leather wrapped Kruzer Kaddy, Kuryakyn throttle lock, chrome license plate surround, accessory plug, quick connect battery tender, and reflector removal. I have approximately 3200 miles on her, using only Mobile 1 V-twin 20w50 full synthetic with a K&N filter. I will be adding Kuryakyn floorboard mount highway pegs, 3" Cycle Sounds ipod music stereo, and an xtra LED brake/running light for the rear. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love this bike. I had a vision in my head when I purchased it, and it is finally coming together. My wife doesnt ride, so I knew a solo cruiser was i order. I was going for a timeless-classic look. Im 6'5 so as always, some comfort modification were on the agenda. I raised the handlebars to an upright position for comfort and looks. I had my seat redone at Astech Seats, starting over at the seatpan. It was widened and raised 2". Three densities of foam were used to create this, and then it was wrapped in leather to better match the factory bags. 4" foward controls set my legs into a comfy position, and the stock windscreen was tossed in favor of a Yamaha medium screen. Buffeting was suppressed through a set of chrome Harley wind deflectors. Yamaha driving lights and saddlebag guards were my winter projects. Though the exhaust was modified and sounded nice, more sound and a better look was added with a set of Cobra Speedster xtra longs, controlled through their fuel processor. My SSCC Retro Round air intake arrives today for installation. The front fender guard and solo rack are Show Chrome pieces. The rear fender trim and classic guage bezel are both National Cycle. The stock rubber was replaced in favor of Shinko 777 whitewalls, with Ride On in them for continous balancing and flat protection. Final touches include a leather wrapped Kruzer Kaddy, Kuryakyn throttle lock, chrome license plate surround, accessory plug, quick connect battery tender, and reflector removal. I have approximately 3200 miles on her, using only Mobile 1 V-twin 20w50 full synthetic with a K&N filter. I will be adding Kuryakyn floorboard mount highway pegs, 3" Cycle Sounds ipod music stereo, and an xtra LED brake/running light for the rear. Anyway, thanks for looking.

WOW that my friend is probably the best looking Stars I have ever seen...you should be very proud

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts